Our Online Teacher Certification Process is Simple
While some of the test requirements vary depending upon your state, most of the steps to online certification are the same. When you are ready to enroll, submit your official transcripts and upload your test scores. Within 3 days you will be notified of your acceptance into the program. Once accepted you can enroll in the instructional courses immediately.
Getting Started with Teacher Certification
Begin working on our “Professional Learning and the Path to Certification” course while you assemble your application.
- Anyone can complete our first course, which provides an in-depth overview of teacher certification and includes a host of additional resources for prospective teachers. If you are interested in teaching, this course is a great way to explore the field and decide if a career as a teacher is right for you.
- Work on this overview course while you prepare your online application.
- Our online courses are designed to prepare anyone to be an excellent teacher. They are self-paced, do not require scheduled class meetings, and you can get started today.
- To start the iteach overview course and begin your application to the iteach Teacher Certification program, pay the Startup fee of $25. You will gain immediate access to your first training course.
Accredited Online Teacher Certification Training
Training with iteach begins immediately when you pay the enrollment and start the overview course, 5000.
Once you enroll, complete the following online, competency-based courses at your own pace.
- 5100 – Learning Environments
- 5200 – Learner Development
- 5300 – Planning Instruction and Assessments
- 5400 – Literacy and 21st Century Instruction
- 5500 – Learner Differences and Special Needs
- 5600 – Diverse Populations, English Language Learners and Bilingual Students
- 5800 – Comprehensive Program Review
Please note these courses are the iteach core courses; some states/content areas will require additional courses.
Teacher Certification Testing
- Whether it is a TExES exam (Texas) or a Praxis exam (Hawaii, Louisiana, Nevada), you are required to have atleast one exam passed prior to being eligible for hire.
- After enrollment you will have the opportunity to challenge other exams to expand your marketability in seeking employment as a teacher.
- You are not required to have your final exam (PPR or PLT) passed to begin the program; you may pass that exam during the completion of the program.
Getting Hired to Teach Once Certified
- You will complete a one-year (two semester) paid residency during which time you are employed full time as a teacher in your content field. In this position, you receive the salary and benefits of a first-year teacher.
- Complete course 5700, a residency-specific course, during your first year in the classroom.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR RESIDENCY
- You must secure your own internship position through the district application/interview process. Prior to interviewing, you are required to be enrolled into the iteach Educator Preparation Program and complete state required prerequisites.
- You may obtain a job placement in any public, charter or state recognized private school.
SUPERVISION DURING RESIDENCY
- During the residency you will be assigned an iteach field supervisor who will make periodic classroom visits and work closely with the campus administration to ensure a successful teaching experience for you.