Florida Admission Requirements
Ready to teach in Florida? Great! Review the admission requirements and when you are ready, apply! It’s free to apply and just $99 to enroll.
To enroll in the iteach Florida program, you must provide documentation of the following:
STATEMENT OF ELIGIBILITY
- Complete GC10 Form on FLDOE Website
- Statement of Eligibility, marked “Eligible,” from the Florida Department of Education
- Submit Official Statement of Status of Eligibility to iteach
- Bachelor’s degree from a Regionally Accredited institution of higher education as required by the Florida Department of Education as evidenced by the submission of official transcripts.
- You may view regionally accredited institutions in the United States on the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) website.
- U.S. Department of Education Database for Accredited Colleges and Universities (outside source)
DID YOU GRADUATE OUTSIDE THE U.S.?
Graduates from a university outside of the United States must provide an original Foreign Credential Review from an approved agency. iteach Florida cannot accept transcripts from a foreign university.
The Florida Department of Education provides a list of foreign credential review companies that will be accepted by iteach Florida. The evaluation must include a U.S. equivalency for each credential, a course-by-course analysis, and a GPA of credit hours
MINIMUM 2.50 GRADE POINT AVERAGE
This will be determined in one of the following ways:
- Minimum 2.50 GPA (your undergraduate GPA as posted on conferred degree transcript), or
- Minimum 2.50 GPA in last 60 hours. Click here for a calculator (requires Microsoft Excel)
Your graduating GPA must be calculated and posted by the university on your official transcripts. If your final transcript does not reflect a graduation GPA, you will need to contact your college. Registrar’s office to have a letter typed on University letterhead that includes your GPA sent in with your official transcripts.
Certification Area Testing
In addition to meeting the basic admissions requirements, you must also meet requirements to be certified in a content area. This is completed in tandem with the Florida Department of Education with the submission of the CG-10 Form. Once the CG-10 form is submitted to the FLDOE, you will be provided a Statement of Eligibility. This form is then uploaded to your iteachFLORIDA portal or emailed to adminFL@iteach.net.
One requirement of the CG-10 form is to have the appropriate certification testing complete. This includes:
- FTCE Subject Area Examination (SAE)
Click here for more information regarding the exams.
- Successful review of the candidate during pre-screening intruVIEW, which includes all written correspondence and oral communication with personnel.
- Background check. (See page 23 of Catalog, for Fingerprinting cost)
UNITED STATES CITIZEN EVIDENCE
- United States citizen evidence/documentation
Completed Application must be submitted prior to the completion of admission evaluation.
Applicants must also:
- Have a personal e-mail account and access to a personal (not school) computer.
- Add iteach.net to your contacts list.
- Demonstrate professionalism during all written correspondence and oral communication with iteachFLORIDA.
- Verification of Work Authorization Status: If not a U.S. citizen, verification of lawful permanent residence and a copy of current Green Card must be provided at the time of application with at least two years of employment eligibility.