Ready to Get Started?
Our teacher certification process is simple: complete an online application, submit your official transcripts, and upload your Praxis scores. Within 3 days you will be notified of your acceptance into the program. Once accepted you can enroll immediately.
To enroll in the iteachNEVADA program, you must provide documentation of the following:
A BACHELOR’S DEGREE
Your degree must be from an accredited institution of higher education as required by the Commission of Professional Standards and the Nevada Administration Code.
MINIMUM 2.50 GRADE POINT AVERAGE
This will be determined in one of the following ways:
- Minimum 2.50 GPA (your undergraduate GPA as posted on conferred degree transcript), or
- Minimum 2.50 GPA in last 60 hours. Click here for a calculator (requires Microsoft Excel)
Your graduating GPA must be calculated and posted by the university on your official transcripts. If your final transcript does not reflect a graduation GPA, you will need to contact your college Registrar’s office to have a letter typed on University letterhead that includes your GPA sent in with your official transcripts.
Applicants must also:
- Have a personal e-mail account and access to a personal (not school) computer.
- Add iteach.net to your contacts list.
- Demonstrate professionalism during all written correspondence and oral communication with iteachNEVADA.
Did you graduate outside the United States?
An applicant for a Nevada educator license who submits a foreign transcript (i.e. any transcript issued by a college or university outside the United States) for consideration must submit an evaluation of that transcript performed by an independent evaluation agency which has been approved by the Nevada Commission on Professional Standards in Education (NAC 391.050). That evaluation must include:
- A photocopy of the transcript(s) evaluated.
- An original course-by-course evaluation showing degree equivalency, completed by an approved evaluation agency.
- A photocopy of the translation of the transcript(s), if not in English.
A transcript from a Canadian college or university is only subject to the requirements above if it is in a language other than English.
Effective January 1, 2018, the Nevada Department of Education will accept foreign transcript evaluations from any evaluation agency which is a member of either the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) and will no longer accept evaluations from agencies who are not members of one of these two organizations.
The following independent evaluation agencies have been approved by the Nevada Commission on Professional Standards in Education:
- Academic and Credential Records, Evaluation and Verification Service (ACREVS) (external link)
- Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc. (external link)
- American Education Research Corp (external link)
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (external link)
- Educational Perspectives (external link)
- Educational Records Evaluator Service (external link)
- Evaluation Service, Inc. (external link)
- Foreign Academic Credentials Service, Inc. (external link)
- Foreign Consultants, Inc. (external link)
- Foundation for International Services, Inc. (external link)
- Global Credential Evaluators, Inc. (external link)
- Global Education Group, Inc. (external link)
- Globe Language Services, Inc. (external link)
- International Consultants of Delaware (external link)
- International Education Evaluations, Inc. (external link)
- International Education Research Foundation (external link)
- International Evaluation Service v
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. (external link)
- SpanTran: The Evaluation Company (external link)
- Word Communication International, Inc. (external link)
- World Education Services (external link)
- Worldwide Education Consultant Services, Inc. (external link)
The first step is to complete an online application. This takes just a couple of minutes and will provide you a login to your student portal. From there you would submit the need admission requirements to be accepted.
After acceptance you will enroll in the program so that you can complete the required courses and residency. You are not required to complete all the courses in order to be issued a Conditional License or begin the residency.
RECEIVE CONDITIONAL LICENSE
For individuals pursuing initial certification in Elementary Education, you are not required to have the Praxis II passed to be issued the Conditional License. For all other areas (secondary and all-level) you will need to pass the appropriate Praxis II prior to being issued your Conditional License. Learn more about testing, click here.
EARN STANDARD LICENSE
Once you have completed all program requirements including all coursework and residency, then you would be eligible to receive your full certification, the Standard License.
This is the first step in the process. Once you click the Apply Now button you will be prompted to enter your name and email address. Immediately, you will be logged into your portal to complete the application (basic personal information).
There is an application checklist in your portal to guide you through the requirement we need in order to accept you into the program.
You can view a list of all admission requirements above by clicking the red button.
Upon application you will receive your first course which means that when you enroll you will already be well on your way and enrolled in your second course.
iteachNEVADA offers ten online instructional courses that are designed to prepare you to be an excellent classroom teacher. The courses are self-paced; you can login to complete them at any time, from anywhere.
The courses are written by experienced education experts and are designed to be teacher-friendly and practical. Each course is taken in sequence; you are enrolled in your next course once your current one is complete.
- TEPC 5000 – Professional Learning and the Path to Certification
- TEPC 5001 – Parental Involvement and Family Engagement
- TEPC 5100 – Learning Environment
- TEPC 5200 – Learner Development
- TEPC 5300 – Planning Instruction and Assessments
- TEPC 5400 – Literacy and 21st Century Instruction
- TEPC 5500 – Curricular Adaptation for Special Needs Students
- TEPC 5600 – Diverse Student Populations, English Language Learners and Bilingual Students
Field Experience Course
- TEPC 5700 – The Classroom Teaching Experience
- TEPC 5800 – Comprehensive Program Review
Once you have completed the first four courses and passed Praxis Core (or other approved test), you are eligible to receive your Conditional License from the Nevada Department of Education. You will then secure a teaching position in the certification (subject) your license has been issued.
If you are pursuing initial certification in Elementary Education, you are not required to pass the Praxis exam before receiving your Conditional License. Rather, you will pass the exam during your first year teaching prior to earning your Standard Certification
If pursuing initial certification in Secondary Education (grades 6-12 or K-12), then you are required to first pass your Praxis II exam prior to receiving your Conditional License. Please note both Elementary and Secondary teaching must pass the Praxis II exam; just different timelines.
Elementary (Grades K-8)
Secondary (Grades 7-12)
- Biological Science
- Physical Science
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
All Grades (Grades K-12)
- Physical Education
To find out about which exams need to be taken and each exam’s passing scores, please visit the ETS website: https://www.ets.org/praxis/nv/requirements
You will complete a one-year (two semester) paid residency during which time you are employed full time as a teacher in your content field. In this position, you receive the salary and benefits of a first-year teacher.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR RESIDENCY
You must secure your own residency position through the district application/interview process. Prior to interviewing, you will need to complete the required coursework and apply for your Conditional License; this will show schools your eligibility to be hired.
You may obtain a job placement in any public school, charter school, or Nevada Department of Education recognized private school.
If you need help with writing your resume, we have a great 2 minutes guide, click here.
SUPERVISION DURING RESIDENCY
During the residency placement you will be assigned an iteachNEVADA field supervisor who will make periodic classroom visits and work closely with the campus administration to ensure a successful teaching experience for you.