Steps for applying for your ARL (initial) license.
The issuance of your ARL certificate is facilitated by the Nevada Department of Education; you will complete the application on their website.
Before you begin, you will need to have the following saved on your computer to upload to the OPAL application system:
ARL License Walkthrough
These are the basic steps that are shown in the video above. Click here then follow these steps:
- Complete the basic questionnaire to create an account. The appropriate answer most likely is “No”.
- From your account homepage, click “Initial Application” in the upper right hand portion of the page to start application.
- Select “ARL” and then choose “iteach Nevada”
- Work through all required screen completing the appropriate information on each page.
- For license, you will select the broad grade level and then for endorsement select the specific subject you will be teaching.
- Upload your ARL Certificate (teal color iteach Nevada certificate downloaded from your portal)