Setting the Standard in Education
8th Grade Reading Teacher
8th Grade Math Teacher
7th Grade Science Teacher
Middle School Art Teacher
Provide students with appropriate in-person and/or virtual instruction, learning activities, and experiences in the academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
Valid Texas Teaching Certification with required supplemental endorsements as required for
employment through contract as provided by Texas Education Code Chapter 21, Subchapter E,
or related training and work experience for a certification waiver under the District of Innovation
Demonstrated competency in the academic subject area assigned
[Physical Education Teachers: Current automated external defibrillator (AED) and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate]
Knowledge of academic subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Successful completion of student teaching assignment or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans for in-person and/or virtual learning that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect modifications and accommodations for differences in individual student learning styles.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students’ assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Conduct assessments of students’ learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
5. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according
to district requirements.
6. Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s)/assistant(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
7. Provide timely feedback to students and track progress through a variety of methods.
8. Conduct ongoing assessment and feedback related to student achievement through formal and informal methods.
9. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
10. Be a positive role model for students and support the goals of the campus and school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
11. Create an in-person and/or virtual classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
12. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.