"Inspiring excellence today to change the world tomorrow"
The teacher shall provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences
designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth.
The teacher will enable students to develop competencies and skills to function
successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
Valid Texas teaching certificate, with required endorsements for subject/level assigned
Knowledge of subjects assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
At least one year of student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and
show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual
3. Present the subject matter according to guidelines established
by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and
equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned.
5. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results
for instructional activities.
6. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed
for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual
Education Plans (IEP).
7. Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and
implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods
according to district requirements.
8. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aides(s)
9. Use technologies in the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
10. Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of
11. Consistently assess student achievement through formal and
12. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned and
may sponsor outside activities approved by the school
13. Present a positive role model for students that supports the
mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
14. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the
physical, social, and emotional development of students.
15. Manage student behavior in the classroom and administer
discipline according to board policies, administrative
regulations, and IEP.
16. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
18. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with
students and their parents.
19. Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues,
students, parents and community members.
20. Use acceptable communication skills to present information
accurately and clearly.
21. Participate in the district staff development program.
22. Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement.
23. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
24. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations
implementation and policies for classroom teachers.
25. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other
26. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on
staff committees as required.
27. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Principal.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this
job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or
skills that may be required.
To apply for this job please visit www.teacherjobnet.org.