According to the Texas Education Agency, House Bill (HB) 3, 86th Texas Legislature, 2019, requires that all educators that teach any grade level from prekindergarten through grade six demonstrate proficiency in the science of teaching reading on a certification examination beginning January 1, 2021. The following certificate fields will require the STR exam for issuance of an intern, probationary, or standard certificate beginning January 1, 2021:
• Core Subjects with Science of Teaching Reading: Early Childhood – Grade 6
• Core Subjects with Science of Teaching Reading: Grades 4 – 8
• English Language Arts and Reading with Science of Teaching Reading: Grades 4 – 8
• English Language Arts and Reading/Social Studies with Science of Teaching Reading: Grades 4 – 8
• Early Childhood: Prekindergarten-Grade 3
For information about testing and exam registration, please visit this link: https://www.tx.nesinc.com/TestView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/TX293_PrepMaterials.html
NOTE: STR Results take two weeks for us to receive them from Pearson.