The teacher preparation coursework is designed to prepare an individual who has demonstrated subject mastery to be an effective classroom teacher. Through the courses, you will obtain knowledge on a broad array of topics ranging from human development, to educational pedagogy, to classroom management, to special needs students. You will study and understand various aspects of the teaching discipline and translate this knowledge into actual classroom practice. You will adapt teaching practices to maximize individual student learning.
Where Can I Find My Coursework?
You can locate your coursework via the InstructNET homepage. From this homepage, you will select the “Coursework” tab at the top of the page. You will then be redirected to the Canvas Dashboard. It is here that you will see your courses and be able to access the modules and assignments.
What Are The Courses?
- 5000 – An Overview of Teaching
- 5100 – Learning Environments
- 5200 – Learner Development
- 5300 – Planning Instruction and Assessment
- 5400 – Literacy and 21st Century Instruction
- 5500 – Learner Differences and Special Needs
- 5600 – Diverse Populations, English Language
Learners, and Bilingual Students