Ready to Get Started? #
Our teacher certification process is simple: complete an online application, submit your official transcripts, and upload your Praxis scores. Within 3 days you will be notified of your acceptance into the program. Once accepted you can enroll immediately.
To enroll in the iteachNEVADA program, you must provide documentation of the following:
A BACHELOR’S DEGREE
Your degree must be from a Regionally accredited institution of higher education as required by the Commission of Professional Standards and the Nevada Administration Code.
MINIMUM 2.50 GRADE POINT AVERAGE
This will be determined in one of the following ways:
- Minimum 2.50 GPA (your undergraduate GPA as posted on conferred degree transcript), or
- Minimum 2.50 GPA in last 60 hours. Click here for a calculator (requires Microsoft Excel)
Your graduating GPA must be calculated and posted by the university on your official transcripts. If your final transcript does not reflect a graduation GPA, you will need to contact your college Registrar’s office to have a letter typed on University letterhead that includes your GPA sent in with your official transcripts.
Applicants must also:
- Have a personal e-mail account and access to a personal (not school) computer.
- Add iteach.net to your contacts list.
- Demonstrate professionalism during all written correspondence and oral communication with iteachNEVADA.
Did you graduate outside the United States?
An applicant for a Nevada educator license who submits a foreign transcript (i.e. any transcript issued by a college or university outside the United States) for consideration must submit an evaluation of that transcript performed by an independent evaluation agency which has been approved by the Nevada Commission on Professional Standards in Education (NAC 391.050). That evaluation must include:
- A photocopy of the transcript(s) evaluated.
- An original course-by-course evaluation showing degree equivalency, completed by an approved evaluation agency.
- A photocopy of the translation of the transcript(s), if not in English.
A transcript from a Canadian college or university is only subject to the requirements above if it is in a language other than English.
Effective January 1, 2018, the Nevada Department of Education will accept foreign transcript evaluations from any evaluation agency which is a member of either the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) and will no longer accept evaluations from agencies who are not members of one of these two organizations.
The following independent evaluation agencies have been approved by the Nevada Commission on Professional Standards in Education:
ARE YOU CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN COLLEGE? #
If you are currently completing your final semester of coursework toward a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education as required by Nevada Education Agency and the Nevada Administration Code, and you currently meet the identified admission requirements, then you may be eligible for admission on a contingent basis.
- Spring graduates may apply January 1 – May 1
- Summer graduates may apply June 1 – August 1
- Fall graduates may apply September 1 – December 1
To qualify for contingency admittance, you must provide the following documentation along with your application and evaluation fee by the above deadlines:
- Copy of final semester schedule of classes
- Letter of completion from an academic advisor or registrar’s office. (This letter needs to indicate that you are currently completing your final semester and you are eligible for graduation.)
- Official transcripts through previous semester
Once you are accepted as a contingency candidate in the educator preparation program, you may continue to test on a limited basis and begin your coursework. Contingent candidates who wish to transition into full program admission must meet all general admissions requirements and must provide iteachNEVADA an official transcript reflecting a conferred degree before receiving a Statement of Eligibility.