- A BACHELOR’S DEGREE
- MINIMUM 2.50 GRADE POINT AVERAGE
- iteachLOUISINA is currently waiving the Praxis Core and Praxis II in order to be accepted into our program. However, the PRAXIS Core and PRAXIS II will be required once enrolled and to be eligible for hire and to obtain a Practitioner’s License.
- PASS PRAXIS I (CORE) EXAM
- PASSED CONTENT TEST (PRAXIS II)
To enroll in the iteachLOUISIANA Teacher Certification Program, you must provide documentation of the following:
A BACHELOR’S DEGREE #
Your degree must be from a nationally or regionally accredited institution of higher education as required by the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Louisiana Administration Code.
You can verify accreditation on the Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs: DAPIP
MINIMUM 2.50 GRADE POINT AVERAGE #
This will be determined in one of the following ways:
- Minimum 2.50 GPA (your undergraduate GPA as posted on conferred degree transcript), or
- Minimum 2.50 GPA in the last 60 hours. Click here for a calculator (requires Microsoft Excel)
Your graduating GPA must be calculated and posted by the university on your official transcripts. If your final transcript does not reflect a graduation GPA, you will need to contact your college Registrar’s office to have a letter typed on University letterhead that includes your GPA sent in with your official transcripts.
WAIVER: If your GPA does not meet minimum standards, you can submit a GPA request form to be reviewed for program admission. Any waiver provided would be granted on a per candidate basis after a complete review of the application.
iteachLOUISINA is currently waiving the Praxis Core and Praxis II in order to be accepted into our program. However, the PRAXIS Core and PRAXIS II will be required once enrolled and to be eligible for hire and to obtain a Practitioner’s License. #
PASS PRAXIS I (CORE) EXAM #
You are required to have passed the Praxis I (CORE) exam in order to be eligible for the program. However, there are 3 ways in which you may be exempt from this requirement. If you have completed one of the following, you are not required to have Praxis I (CORE) passed. The eligible exemptions are:
- Passed Praxis I PPST – Prior to the approval of the Praxis Core, the Praxis PPST was the approved exam for basic skills.
- Master’s Degree – Hold a master’s degree (or higher) from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university.
- SAT combined verbal/critical reading and math score of 1030 or higher prior to September 1, 2006, or 1100 effective September 1, 2006.
- ACT score of 22, or higher. If sending scores directly to iteachUS, please use college code 2919.
PASSED CONTENT TEST (PRAXIS II) #
In addition to meeting the basic admissions requirements, you have at least one Praxis II exam passed for enrollment. While you can continue to test once enrolled, having one exam passed is required to begin. You can find more information about both the Praxis I (CORE) and Praxis II exam on the ETS webpage.
DID YOU GRADUATE OUTSIDE THE U.S.?
The state of Louisiana requires foreign transcripts to be evaluated by an approved evaluation company that follows the standards of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) for evaluation. You will be required to submit the official evaluation to iteachLOUISIANA for admissions. You may refer to the following website for a list of approved agencies.
Although there are several agencies that you may choose from, iteach has a working relationship with SpanTran evaluation company. You may use this application to apply for your international transcript evaluation: SpanTran Application for iTeach. The application comes with a discount and will be sent directly to iTeach free of charge.” The evaluation must include a U.S. equivalency for each credential, a course-by-course analysis, and a GPA of credit hours.
Applicants must also:
- Have a personal e-mail account and access to a personal (not school) computer.
- Add iteach.net to your contacts list.
- Demonstrate professionalism during all written correspondence and oral communication with iteachLOUISIANA.