Ready to teach in Florida? Great! Review the admission requirements and when you are ready, apply! It’s free to apply and just $99 to enroll.
To enroll in the iteachFLORIDA program, you must provide documentation of the following:
STATEMENT OF ELIGIBILITY
- Complete GC10 Form on FLDOE Website
- Statement of Eligibility, marked “Eligible,” from the Florida Department of Education
- Submit Official Statement of Status of Eligibility to iteach
- Bachelor’s degree from a Regionally Accredited institution of higher education as required by the Florida Department of Education as evidenced by the submission of official transcripts.
- You may view regionally accredited institutions in the United States on the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) website.
- U.S. Department of Education Database for Accredited Colleges and Universities (outside source)
Certification Area Testing #
In addition to meeting the basic admissions requirements, you must also meet requirements to be certified in a content area. This is completed in tandem with the Florida Department of Education with use submission of the CG-10 Form. Once the CG-10 form is submitted to the FLDOE, you will be provided a Statement of Eligibility. This form is then uploaded to your iteachFLORIDA portal or emailed to adminFL@iteach.net.
One requirement of the CG-10 form is to have the appropriate certification testing complete. This includes:
- FTCE General Knowledge Test (GK) (Exempt with Graduate Degree) and
- FTCE Subject Area Examination (SAE)
Click here for more information regarding the exams.
- Successful review of the candidate during pre-screening intruVIEW, which includes all written correspondence and oral communication with personnel.
- Background check. (See page 23 of Catalog, for Fingerprinting cost)
UNITED STATES CITIZEN EVIDENCE
- United States citizen evidence/documentation
Completed Application must be submitted prior to the completion of admission evaluation.
Applicants must also:
- Have a personal e-mail account and access to a personal (not school) computer.
- Add iteach.net to your contacts list.
- Demonstrate professionalism during all written correspondence and oral communication with iteachFLORIDA.
- Verification of Work Authorization Status: If not a U.S. citizen, verification of lawful permanent residence and a copy of current Green Card must be provided at the time of application with at least two years of employment eligibility.
DID YOU GRADUATE OUTSIDE THE U.S.? #
Graduates from a university outside of the United States must provide an original Foreign Credential Review from an approved agency. iteachFLORIDA cannot accept transcripts from a foreign university.
The Florida Department of Education provides a list of foreign credential review companies that will be accepted by iteachFLORIDA. The evaluation must include a U.S. equivalency for each credential, a course-by-course analysis, and a GPA of credit hours
MINIMUM 2.50 GRADE POINT AVERAGE
This will be determined in one of the following ways:
- Minimum 2.50 GPA (your undergraduate GPA as posted on conferred degree transcript), or
- Minimum 2.50 GPA in last 60 hours. Click here for a calculator (requires Microsoft Excel)
Your graduating GPA must be calculated and posted by the university on your official transcripts. If your final transcript does not reflect a graduation GPA, you will need to contact your college. Registrar’s office to have a letter typed on University letterhead that includes your GPA sent in with your official transcripts.