Call Us: (888) 244-7078

CPE License Policies

Student Grievance Policy


Students enrolled in licensed, private postsecondary educational institution, have the right to register a legitimate complaint with the Commission on Postsecondary Education.

Prior to filing a complaint, you must attempt to resolve the issue with school officials according to the policies of the school which you are attending. If you are unable to reach a solution, you may contact the Commission (see below) and we will attempt to resolve the issue.

If a resolution cannot be reached, you will be required to complete a formal complaint form; Formal complaints are investigated by staff and a decision by the administrator of the Commission. If either party does not agree with that decision, an appeal to the full Commission may be requested:

NRS 394.520 allows for the following:

1. A full refund can be ordered if it is determined that the school substantially failed to furnish the education agreed to in the enrollment contract;

2. One-half of all monies paid can be ordered if is determined that the school substantially furnished the education stated in the enrollment contract but the conditions where substandard to the point the student could not be expected to complete the training.

More information, including complaints forms, can be found at Or contact:

Commission on Postsecondary Education
1860 East Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89104
702-486-7330 (Ph)
702-486-7340 (Fax)

DETR – License from the Commission on Pre-Secondary Education