Found a Teaching Job? Be Prepared for Your Interview
So you have your certification in hand and you have landed an interview with the school of your dreams. How do you get prepared so you can increase your chances of being hired? We have taken a few moments to pull together some helpful tips to get you interview ready to increase your likelihood of locking in that new teaching position.
When a school is looking to hire a new teacher, they are typically looking for three things:
- Look the part – wear something that fits well, makes you feel good and looks nice and professional
- Bring your paperwork – your resume, professional work products and your Statement of Eligibility will be key documents to have available at your interview
- Arrive early – showing up early demonstrates your ability to plan ahead, anticipate obstacles and time management
- Research – do your research about the district and campus
- Passion for People, Especially Kids
- Interesting teachers, make better teachers – show your imagination and acting ability with excitement
- Believe your teaching is important – working with enthusiasm, dedication and commitment will encourage students to be active in learning
- You don’t need to know everything but you should be willing to learn – It is okay to say, “I don’t know”. There will probably be questions you do not know the answer to but show you are teachable and willing to learn.
Three Sample Questions for Teachers Looking to Get Hired
- What is your “why” for being an educator or specially applying for this position?
- What professional characteristics do you possess that makes you the best candidate for the position?
- What is your approach to working with more challenging students? (Academic or Behavior)
Become a Teacher. Get Certified to Teach.
At iteach we are committed to not only preparing you to become a great teacher, but we are committed to your success. If you are looking to become a certified teacher then we can help. Apply today and get started on your new teaching career.Apply Today!