Apply for Just $25!
Once accepted, the training fee is just $225. This inclusive price provides unlimited access to self-paced online training courses and other important information to prepare you to get certified and for your first year of teaching.
You do not pay the rest until you are hired, and only if hired!
iteachTEXAS offers the lowest upfront cost of any program in the state.
What you get:
- An overview course (5000) about the art and science of teaching and the current educational landscape in the state
- An extensive library of classroom videos that can be used toward state classroom observation hours
- Diagnostic tools to aid you in selecting a Pre-Admission Content Test
A thorough review of your qualifications for enrollment in the Educator Preparation Program, if you wish to seek certification.
When you know teaching is the career for you and you meet program qualifications, progress to the second tier of training.
What You Get:
Access to six self-paced, competency-based online courses:
- 5100 – Learning Environments
- 5200 – Learner Development
- 5300 – Planning Instruction and Assessments
- 5400 – Literacy and 21st Century Instruction
- 5500 – Learner Differences and Special Needs
- 5600 – Diverse Populations, English Language Learners and Bilingual Students
Plus, access to:
- 5800 – Comprehensive Program Review
Once you complete course 5300, you will also get:
- A statement of eligibility, the form you need to start looking for teaching jobs
Inclusion in the iteach job search database, which school districts statewide use to look for prospective teachers.
When you’ve secured a field experience, pay your Residency Fee in equal, interest-free monthly installments.
What you get:
- A year of support and supervision from an iteachTEXAS Field Supervisor, an experienced teacher or administrator
- An additional training course, 5700, specifically for program residents
Eligibility to be recommended for your Standard Teaching Certificate with satisfaction of all program components (Testing, Training, Teaching)
You only begin paying the remaining balance once you secure a field experience. The deferred cost of $4,000 is spread out over your first year as a salaried teacher.
All fees paid to iteachTEXAS are non-refundable.
What are other costs associated with certification?
The following fees are not included in the program fees for iteachTEXAS.
Examination fees are payable to Education Testing Service. You must pass at least two certification test (content area and Pedagogy and Professional Responsibility) prior to being recommended to the state for Standard teaching certificate.
TExES (cost per exam): $131.00
Certification fees are payable to the Texas Education Agency.
Probationary Certificate Application Fee: $52.00
Standard Certificate Application Fee: $78.00