The first step is to complete the on application and submit the application documents to the iteachLOUISIANA office.
Once you have applied and submitted the required admission documents, you may enroll in the program. You are immediately provided access to your first online course.
iteachLOUISIANA offers seven online instructional courses that are designed to prepare you to be an excellent classroom teacher. The courses are self-paced; you can login to complete them at any time, from anywhere.
The courses are written by experienced education experts and are designed to be teacher-friendly and practical. Each course is taken in sequence; you cannot begin your next course until your current one is complete.
Praxis II Subject Exams
iteachLOUISIANA offers certification in over 35 different initial certification areas. You must submit at least one Praxis II passing score (in an area below) in order to be eligible for the program.
To learn more about the exams and verify correct test number please visit the ETS website.
- PK-3 (ETS Test #5018 or #5001 and Teaching Reading #5204)
- 1-5 (5018 or 5001 and Teaching Reading #5204)
- 4-8 English/Language Arts (5047)
- 4-8 Mathematics (5169)
- 4-8 Science (5440)
- 4-8 Social Studies (5089)
- 6-12 Biology (5235)
- 6-12 Chemistry (5245)
- 6-12 English (5039)
- 6-12 General Science (5435)
- 6-12 Mathematics (5161)
- 6-12 Physics (5265)
- 6-12 Speech (5221)
- 6-12 Social Studies (5086)
- 6-12 Agriculture (5701)
- 6-12 Business Education (5101)
- 6-12 Family & Consumer Sciences (5122)
- 6-12 Technology Education (5051)
- 6-12 French (5174)
- 6-12 German (5183)
- 6-12 Spanish (5195)
- 6-12 Computer Science
- 6-12 Earth Science
- 6-12 Environmental Science
- 6-12 Italian
- 6-12 Journalism
- 6-12 Latin
- 6-12 Marketing
- K-12 Art (5134)
- K-12 Health & Physical Education (5857)
- K-12 Music (5113)
- K-12 French (5174)
- K-12 German (5183)
- K-12 Spanish (5195)
- K-12 Dance
- K-12 Italian
Training with iteachLOUISIANA begins immediately upon enrollment. You can complete the following online, competency-based courses at your own pace (any time, any where).
- EDTC 5000 – Professional Learning and the Path to Certification
- EDTC 5100 – Learning Environment
- EDTC 5200 – Learner Development
- EDTC 5300 – Planning Instruction and Assessments
- EDTC 5400 – Literacy and 21stCentury Instruction
- EDTC 5500 – Curricular Adaptation for Special Needs Students
- EDTC 5600 – Diverse Student Populations, English Language Learners and Bilingual Students
Field Experience Courses
- EDTC 5700 – The Classroom Teaching Experience
- EDTC 5800 – Comprehensive Program Review
Upon enrollment into the program and completion of EDTC 5000 and EDTC 5100, you are eligible to apply, interview and be hired!
Once hired, you will complete a one-year (two semester) paid residency during which time you are employed full time as a teacher in your content field (the area in which you passed Praxis). In this position, you receive the salary and benefits of a first-year teacher.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR RESIDENCY
You must secure your own residency position through the district application/interview process. Prior to interviewing, you are required to complete 80 hours of instruction (EDTC5000 and EDTC5100).
You may obtain a job placement in any public school, charter school, or Louisiana Department of Education recognized private school.
SUPERVISION DURING RESIDENCY
During the residency placement you will be assigned an iteachLOUISIANA field supervisor who will make periodic classroom visits and work closely with the campus administration to ensure a successful teaching experience for you.
*iteachLOUISIANA continued ability to offer an educational preparation program is contingent upon iteachLOUISIANA obtaining a license from the Louisiana Board of Regents.